Rice Krispie treats are so easy and everyone loves them. Rice Krispies can also be found gluten free and is a great activity for having friends over or just the family. Tailor to the holiday with any cookie cutter: Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day, Easter or just your child’s favorite thing at the time!
There are other crispy cereals available. Here is the Rice Krispie Treat Recipe taken from the Kellogg Rice Krispie site:
Everyday Recipes – The classic, original, no-bake dessert that is quick and easy to make
This classic, delicious snack has been making memories for kids and parents alike for generations.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
- - OR -
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
-For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
-1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
-Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
-Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.
-To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.